The following hotels in downtown Portland are within walking distance from St. Mary’s Academy where the iiE Gathering will take place:
Portland has a high concentration of hotels in the downtown area. A more complete listing of accommodation options can be found here.
Many hotels in other areas of the city are easily accessible by public transit. St. Mary’s Academy is on the light rail transit system. The closest station is SW 5th and Market.
Airbnb has many listings for accommodation options in Portland as well. Below you will find some recommended areas for Airbnb bookings with easy access to St. Mary’s Academy.
Airbnb locations West of Willamette River:
- Neighborhoods close to St. Mary’s; PSU, South Waterfront (on west side of Willamette), John’s Landing, Southwest hills, Goose Hollow (stay north of Sellwood bridge)
- Avoid Old Town if possible (section of town east of Broadway between Everett to the north and Washington to the south)
Airbnb locations East of Willamette River:
- (Shortest commute on east side) Neighborhoods close to Trimet Max Orangeline in SE Portland: Anything north of the SE Tacoma/Johnson Creek stop near 99-E/Mcloughlin Blvd.
- Neighborhoods close to Trimet Max Yellowline in North Portland: Albina/Mississippi or Overlook Max stops
- Neighborhoods close to Trimet Max Greenline in East Portland: Look for anything west of the Hollywood Transit center (near I-84 and 42nd)
If you would like to share an Airbnb booking with another Gathering attendee please reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to connect you with a fellow traveler.